Call Us with Additional Questions: 352-307-3006
You have just received a temporary crown/bridge. This is temporary and meant only to serve your needs while a permanent crown is being made for you.
COLOR: The color of the plastic temporary does not resemble the final (permanent) crown/bridge in any way.
SHAPE AND SIZE: Temporary crowns/bridges are custom‐made for each patient, but they will not in any way resemble the final crown/bridge, which indeed is being made especially for you.
TOOTH SENSITIVITY: Your temporary will help protect the sensitivity of the prepared tooth. However, it does not fit your mouth like the permanent crown/bridge will, so you may notice sensitivity to heat, cold, or sweets‐sensations you won’t feel when your specially‐made crown/bridge is in place.
Crowns And Bridges Care Recommendations
Here are some other things you need to know about temporary crown and bridges:
- The temporary cement requires about 30 minutes (one half‐hour) to set.
- Please do not chew food during that period of time.
- Certain foods will stick to the temporary. So please refrain from chewing gum or other candies or foods that might stick to the crown‐or even pull it out.
- Temporary crowns/bridges are not strong. They may occasionally break or come off. If this should happen to you, please contact our office immediately, bring your crown with you and we will re‐cement it. If it breaks or you lose it, call us immediately and we will replace it. Should you be unable to contact us, simply go to a pharmacy and get some Fixodent. Replace the temporary on your tooth using the Fixodent to hold it in place until you can contact us.
- Please do not leave the temporary out of your mouth for any extended time. Without the temporary crown, your teeth may move and then the permanent will not fit!
- Do not brush or floss too vigorously around your temporary. Remember that it is important to keep the area clean—but use caution.
Crowns and Bridges
Baylee Dental has years of experience in the dental field and provides patients across the Summerfield and Bridges area with dentistry services they can trust. This includes reliable crowns and bridges procedures. For more information regarding our procedures, please contact us today. We will gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding our crowns and bridges procedures. The number to call is 352-307-3006.